POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another ringworld revisitation : Re: Another ringworld revisitation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another ringworld revisitation
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Jun 2010 05:10:29
Message: <4c207e05$1@news.povray.org>
Impressive indeed!

I have a couple of comments though:

I am not too convinced about the view of the sun and shadow squares. The
glare of the sun should overs-shine the squares and make them invisible I
guess during day time. Also I wonder if the ring at zenith would be visible
in that glare.

It now appears as if the sun is much larger than the shadow squares. If this
were so, there would be no nights at all. In reality (?) the squares are the
size of the sun's diameter. However, I assume that it is the glare we are
seeing?

Thomas