POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL feature requests : Re: SDL feature requests Server Time
18 May 2024 16:06:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL feature requests
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Jun 2010 12:03:35
Message: <4c1f8d57$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/21/2010 10:38 AM, SharkD wrote:
> I just want a way to track and discuss
> ideas that isn't subject to being "blocked" or "locked" on some dev's whim.

I'm going to jump in here for a moment ... starting something is not my
intention, but these kind of statements can sometimes escalate things,
when it's not necessary. To be clear "whim" is just an unfair
characterization. At last count (I'm unsure) there were only a handful
of people working on issue's (getting 3.7 release ready), so there is
only a finite number of things that can be done, given personal demands
on everyones time. Now PLEASE don't take this wrong, but some of the
things that you've put forth ... well face it, you haven't done your
homework ;-) ... other things have been spot on valid. Good solid and
well thought out ideas about how things should work or be is what we all
want ... right?

Jim