POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Ringworld revisited (day and night) : Re: The Ringworld revisited (day and night) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Ringworld revisited (day and night)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Jun 2010 10:11:19
Message: <4c1f7307$1@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Very nice. I love the way the wall looms over the regular foreground
> mountains.
> Maybe a sheer wall is more dramatic than spill mountains. I anticipate
> future
> iterations!

Thanks Bill!

The Rim Wall being so high, it "naturally" tends to loom even from far away.
We are standing here about 99% across the ring (calculated from the center).
So the Ring Wall still is about 5000 miles from the camera!

I wonder if it would really be visible so well, due to atmospheric haze and
such? I think that Larry Niven has not really considered the question... On
the other hand, the top of the wall is virtually out of the atmosphere, and
we may be able to see better a long way up than a long way away...

Thomas