POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL feature requests : Re: SDL feature requests Server Time
5 May 2024 07:07:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL feature requests
From: SharkD
Date: 21 Jun 2010 09:38:34
Message: <4c1f6b5a$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/20/2010 4:38 PM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Just going to drop a comment here. For POVRay, a "democratic" vote on
> feature thing may sort of work. Linden Labs uses the same system for
> their bug/feature tracker, and its gotten to be so much of a horrible
> swamp that even finding "if" something has been suggested, so you can
> vote, or comment, never mind do so before something gets closed,or
> relocated, or incorrectly marked as fixed (this happens a bit too often
> in some cases, sometimes due to a "we think we had a fix pending, only
> it didn't work, but no one bothered to reopen the issue, when it
> failed", or just lost in the mire. My opinion of such systems is, as a
> result... rather jaded. lol Not sure, reading the posts on the subject,
> over the last 24 hours, is impressing me with it here either. Seems like
> we are seeing the same sort of issues, "I think my suggestion still
> needs time to be commented on, but someone closed it.", sort of thing.
> Don't make the same mistakes Linden has.

I would just like to clarify that I'm not advocating a "democratic" way
of choosing which features should and should not be implemented, or
which are that most critical. I just want a way to track and discuss
ideas that isn't subject to being "blocked" or "locked" on some dev's whim.

--
http://isometricland.com