POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alley Sunflower Final : Re: Alley Sunflower Final Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:32:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alley Sunflower Final
From: stbenge
Date: 20 Jun 2010 17:57:35
Message: <4c1e8ecf@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 21:01:08 +0200, Samuel Benge <stb### [at] hotmailcom>
> wrote:
>
>> It looks good! Too bad about the aa problems, though.
>
> Do you think luminous bloom will help here? I've never used it before.

You mean to reduce aliasing or help the scene in general? You can use
luminous bloom with a small radius to hide the aliasing where bright
colors cause trouble, but it might blow out the rest of the colors too
much. A low lb_exponent would be advised here. If you use it lightly
just to spread the light a bit, it couldn't hurt. When used carefully,
it could enhance the realism imperceptibly.