POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : pkgsrc patches for povray-3.6.1 : Re: pkgsrc patches for povray-3.6.1 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 23:58:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pkgsrc patches for povray-3.6.1
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jun 2010 13:55:48
Message: <4c1e5624$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.06.2010 19:34, schrieb Thomas Klausner:
>>> pkgsrc contains a number of patches to povray-3.6.1.
>>
>> Note that the current versions are povray-3.6.2 and
>> povray-3.7.0.beta.37a, and that current development versions may already
>> include various other changes.
>
> povray-3.6.2 is not available as sources for Unix, AFAICT. Am I missing
> something?

The point I intended to make was along the lines that diffs against
3.6.1 sources are rather cumbersome to merge into the newest development
versions. (Yeah, I know, then why didn't I say so... duh.)

> Thanks for the pointer to bugs.povray.org, I didn't find it when browsing for
> where to report bugs. Do you think it would be useful to report the png problem
> there (with exclamation marks this time :) )?

Yup. Feel free to present your suggested solution, but please also
mention how to keep it compatible with older libpng.