POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL feature requests : Re: SDL feature requests Server Time
5 May 2024 10:00:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL feature requests
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jun 2010 12:51:55
Message: <4c1e472b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.06.2010 10:10, schrieb SharkD:
> Again, I think it would be good to have a formal means of discussing and
> tracking feature requests for non-devs, since bugtracker seems to be
> "for devs only."
>
> My reasoning is that feature requests are hidden once they are closed on
> bugtracker, so there's no obvious way to view them. There's also no way
> to discuss them further since discussions are closed once the request is
> locked.
>
> This is definitely not a method that is amenable to users.

Yes, I do agree that this practical attempt at what sounded good in
theory did show some serious caveats of that process.

I don't think the way things were handled was the right way to handle
them, but extrapolating from this experience, my idea of the process may
be less universal than I had imagined; and similar outcomes may have to
be expected in future, too.

My apologies for the inconvenience.