POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : pkgsrc patches for povray-3.6.1 : Re: pkgsrc patches for povray-3.6.1 Server Time
30 Apr 2024 02:39:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pkgsrc patches for povray-3.6.1
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jun 2010 12:23:47
Message: <4c1e4093@news.povray.org>
Am 20.06.2010 00:40, schrieb Thomas Klausner:
> Hi!
>
> pkgsrc contains a number of patches to povray-3.6.1.

Note that the current versions are povray-3.6.2 and
povray-3.7.0.beta.37a, and that current development versions may already
include various other changes.

> First, a fix for compiling against the latest png library (1.4.2), following
> http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/src/libpng-1.2.x-to-1.4.x-summary.txt:

Did you verify that this is still backward compatible with earlier
versions of libpng?

> Second:
> SunPro is a little picky about the places in which the "const" qualifier
> is significant, so make sure that the function prototypes match their
> declarations in the header file.

Such a change has already been implemented in change #4827 for the
POV-Ray 3.6 branch (unfortunately just a few days late for 3.6.2); in
the POV-Ray 3.7 branch, there is neither such a file, nor such functions
as far as I can see.

> Third:
> A few files contain the unportable bash(1) "==" comparison operator for test(1).
> It is not supported by most other shells or even test(1) from GNU
> coreutils. Please use "=" instead.

This has also been fixed in change #4827, and also in 3.7.0.beta.31.

> Please include the patches in the next release!

I guess the developers will not respond too well to such requests,
especially when accompanied by exclamation marks. For future code
submissions, you may want to try submitting (A) a detailed problem
report (preferably on bugs.povray.org), accompanied by (B) a solution
/proposal/, rather than a demand.