POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh CSG help : Re: Mesh CSG help Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh CSG help
From: stbenge
Date: 19 Jun 2010 16:50:38
Message: <4c1d2d9e$1@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:
> I still don't understand what value I /should/ be using for
> inside_vector. Someplace inside the mesh that is not <0,0,0>?

Like clipka suggested, any direction will do in most cases, though if
your mesh isn't completely closed you might get various results for
different vectors. I recently tried changing inside_vector when I
encountered strange behavior after converting the mesh to an object
pigment, and was presented with odd effects unique to the values I was
passing to inside_vector. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a properly closed mesh.