POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh CSG help : Re: Mesh CSG help Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:24:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh CSG help
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 19 Jun 2010 13:07:41
Message: <4c1cf95d@news.povray.org>
SharkD wrote:

> I'm a bit confused by input_vector. Is it a vector or a point? I have
> simply been placing it at the exact center of each mesh

It's a direction so you should never set it to 0. Otherwise,
the value is completely arbitrary in theory, although numerical
issues may cause artefacts for some values.

[To test if a point is inside a mesh you can shoot a line
from that point to infinity in some direction and calculate
the number of intersections, if that is odd the point is
inside the mesh. Of course, for convex objects the count
would then always be 1].