POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page : Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page
From: stbenge
Date: 18 Jun 2010 14:51:30
Message: <4c1bc032@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> I'll post an image to help explain how I needed to color the bricks
> differently.

And here's what the function uses for input. Anywhere two bricks of the
same color meet, I had to change the color of one. I didn't change the
entire brick color, since it wasn't needed.

Maybe if you use this method, you could make an extra model in which
bricks of the same color never touch each other? Or is there an option
somewhere which would let you add spaces between bricks? That might be
better, since it's kind of a pain to change brick colors by selecting
polygons and then having to export the mesh again, thus contending with
improper normals being generated. But even just assigning bricks
different colors in the Lego program you use would be better than
selecting polygons and changing colors.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'edgefindercolors.jpg' (37 KB)