POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page : Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:26:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page
From: stbenge
Date: 18 Jun 2010 14:44:23
Message: <4c1bbe87@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Also, last night I came up with a one-step process using MegaPOV which
> renders pretty quickly, all things considered. I'm using the LGEO Lego
> parts library to test with (slower than a mesh), and those blocks are
> beveled. But if my coloring technique for meshes works out, there won't
> be any need to use LGEO. Getting away with only a single render pass
> using MegaPOV would lighten the overall process.

Attached is an image showing my progress so far. I randomly changed some
brick colors to highlight the spaces between bricks. It was rendered in
MegaPOV in a single pass and took 5 minutes, 41 seconds to render with
one core. You can see how the pegs break up here and there. Some of the
lines also seem to extend over others in funny places. It seems that
there's always a trade-off when finding edges. The missing line on the
propeller was my fault; I forgot to change the brick color there. The
missing lines under the front of the cab were caused by a lack of
definition in that area.

I'll post an image to help explain how I needed to color the bricks
differently.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'edgefinder5_41.png' (34 KB)