POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Ringworld revisited (day and night) : Re: The Ringworld revisited (day and night) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:24:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Ringworld revisited (day and night)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Jun 2010 05:10:49
Message: <4c1b3819@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Looks nice! I really need to set aside some time to play with this -
> another
> ringworld-off, methinks.

...This is a rapid test with some clouds and their effects on the landscape.

> Don't forget that the rim wall in the book was described as a continuous,
> impossibly high mountain range, not a literal wall - although I realise
> this
> will be much harder to model...!

Yes, that is more difficult, but I think that can be overcome by a local
range locally superposed over/against the basic wall, which is a 1000 miles
high in this image. I have to think about that issue...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Ringworld 2010.jpg' (73 KB)