POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page : Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page
From: stbenge
Date: 17 Jun 2010 19:03:58
Message: <4c1aa9de@news.povray.org>
Reuben Pearse wrote:
> Thanks for trying your macro.

No problem.

> I will find the POV code I used for the colouring picture and perhaps
> you could try your macro with this instead (it seems that mesh2 files
> created from DXF files via PoseRay work best with the PovEdge macro).

Sure, if you find it, I'll try it again.

The attached image shows the result of an edge-finding function I just
slapped together. To make it work, I first rendered the helicopter with
three (R,G,B, X,Y,Z) slope pigments. The image was subtracted from a
blurred, averaged version of itself to find the edges. There are still a
lot of details missing. If there were spaces between the bricks, or if
the bricks were beveled, it might look better. As it is, it's not very
useful for a coloring page :(

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: