POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page : Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:24:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page
From: Reuben Pearse
Date: 17 Jun 2010 17:47:07
Message: <4c1a97db$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
>> Your best bet, I think, is to combine the edge-finding method your are
>> using now with the angle of incidence pattern to fill in the remaining
>> edges.
>
> OK, it doesn't work. It seemed fine in theory, but in practice more than
> just the desired edges are marked black. I should have expected it :/

Thanks for trying your macro.

You may want to try it with a slightly different mesh2 file. The one you
downloaded from my website was created slightly differently to the one I
used for the colouring page (the code you downloaded has a mesh2 that
was created via PoseRay from a Lightwave model)

I will find the POV code I used for the colouring picture and perhaps
you could try your macro with this instead (it seems that mesh2 files
created from DXF files via PoseRay work best with the PovEdge macro).

Reuben