POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page : Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego Helicopter 645 - Colouring Page
From: stbenge
Date: 17 Jun 2010 15:56:14
Message: <4c1a7dde$1@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge wrote:
> I have an edge pattern macro, but it appears to be bundled with other files.
> Basically, it takes an object for input, makes an object pattern out of it, and
> blurs the pattern in 3D space. Some color_map tweaking would make the edges
> sharp. I'm not sure how well it would work in this case. I can make a standalone
> file available if you wish.

I did post the file a while back:
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3C4a924661%40news.povray.org%3E/

I tried it with your Lego model's geometry include file, and it doesn't
work for some reason. I suspect the mesh isn't completely closed. My
edge pattern doesn't always work well with meshes anyway. Your best bet,
I think, is to combine the edge-finding method your are using now with
the angle of incidence pattern to fill in the remaining edges.

Sam