POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh CSG help : Mesh CSG help Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:26:28 EDT (-0400)
  Mesh CSG help
From: SharkD
Date: 17 Jun 2010 11:48:23
Message: <4c1a43c7@news.povray.org>
When I intersect two solid meshes I get weird artifacts, as can be seen
in the following images. The red object is the main object, the green
object is the one I'm trying to subtract. The artifacts aren't _always"
there. Sometimes they disappear when the radius of the green object
changes. Any clue why this is happening?

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'main_and_diff_objects.jpg' (36 KB) Download 'main_object.jpg' (34 KB) Download 'not_always_artifacts.jpg' (35 KB) Download 'sometimes_artifacts.jpg' (37 KB)

Preview of image 'main_and_diff_objects.jpg'
main_and_diff_objects.jpg

Preview of image 'main_object.jpg'
main_object.jpg

Preview of image 'not_always_artifacts.jpg'
not_always_artifacts.jpg

Preview of image 'sometimes_artifacts.jpg'
sometimes_artifacts.jpg