POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Ringworld revisited (day and night) : Re: The Ringworld revisited (day and night) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Ringworld revisited (day and night)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Jun 2010 04:02:54
Message: <4c1733ae$1@news.povray.org>
"Lightbeam" <st.### [at] freefr> schreef in bericht
> Spin ? ;-)

Yeah... I am not much of an animator, but making the Shadow Squares spin
gives an interesting effect over the Ring, including the penumbra.

Something I had not really realized before is that the lighting of the
landscape is extremely flat due to the Sun being at the vertical of the
landscape. This does not make for very breathtaking vistas I am afraid...

Thomas