POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Spinner" space colony (2) : Re: "Spinner" space colony (2) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Spinner" space colony (2)
From: SharkD
Date: 14 Jun 2010 18:12:51
Message: <4c16a963$1@news.povray.org>
What kinds of things might be the causes of all the slowdown? I've
turned off all media and reflection and it is still abysmally slow.

One major revision I've made to Chris Colefax's CityGen include file is
that each building is now called by a macro and generated individually
at runtime. Whereas originally a single copy (more or less) of a
building was stored in an array and replicated/duplicated when needed.

The other difference of course is that buildings now have greater
complexity. They make use of more CSG operations and feature a greater
number of storeys.

--
http://isometricland.com