POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ghurghusht: artifacts at dawn : Re: Ghurghusht: artifacts at dawn Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghurghusht: artifacts at dawn
From: clipka
Date: 11 Jun 2010 15:57:58
Message: <4c129546$1@news.povray.org>

> High!
>
> On 06/11/2010 07:59 PM, clipka wrote:
>
>> Maybe some streakiness is caused by mountains?
>
> How that? Or do you mean the bright spots on the hills?

No, I do mean the streakiness in the skies.

Mountains at the terminator block the light at some places, thereby
creating volumetric shadows in the atmospheric media, which might be
percieved as streaks.

I still have no idea about the bright spots on the hills. At present, I
can only imagine that it's some precision problem with the isosurface.