POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Spinner" space colony (2) : Re: "Spinner" space colony (2) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Spinner" space colony (2)
From: Alain
Date: 11 Jun 2010 13:23:13
Message: <4c127101@news.povray.org>
Le 2010-06-10 20:20, SharkD a écrit :
> Made the buildings larger, the roads narrower.

I realy like your new end cap. I also like that you now have more
vegetation space.

But:
Why is the ground faceted and not smoothly curving?
Still to many road vehicles. The ONLY vehicles should be utility and
public transportation, and positively NO personal ones.

On a space station, any space station, even an imensly huge one,
resources are inherently scarce. Living space, parks space, working
space, cargo space, air, water, raw and rafined materials, energy,
everything is counted and counts. Personal cars are a waste of
resources, and thus frowned uppon.

Juging by the dimentions of the buildings and other indices, I could
relatively easily walk from one end to the other to get to work and back
home. I could even walk back home for my lunch... After all, it looks
like the overall length is less than about 2Km, or about a 10 to 20
minutes walk. In such a case, taking a car would take about the same
amount of time... and using a bike would reduce the time needed to 5
minutes or less. (I need about 20 minutes to walk about 3Km. Most
peoples have a walking speed ranging from 5 to 7Km/h)

Alain