POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Spinner" space colony (2) : Re: "Spinner" space colony (2) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Spinner" space colony (2)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Jun 2010 11:04:26
Message: <4c12507a@news.povray.org>
"Bill Pragnell" <bil### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Ah, but I think Mike's approach with the interactive VR is exactly the way
> to do
> a space habitat. I think the way the perspective distorts the edge of the
> frame
> while panning gives the viewer an instinct for the fov that can be very
> tricky
> for non-rectilinear geometries. I'm going to try this with my ringworld -
> and
> I'll also dig out the O'Neill habitat that I started constructing some
> years
> ago. (As an aside, this had a simple uniform fog inside it, and it worked
> very
> well as a depth cue!)

Would be nice to do a Ringworld again. We have progressed over the last five
years, or so I hope :-)

I don't remember well now, was that epsilon issue fixed/corrected in version
3.7 or not? At the time we had a rapid patch of 3.6 I seem to remember...

Thomas