POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Spinner" space colony (2) : Re: "Spinner" space colony (2) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Spinner" space colony (2)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Jun 2010 03:40:58
Message: <4c11e88a$1@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <pos### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Made the buildings larger, the roads narrower.

Hmmm.... yes and no. The sense of scale is starting to come nicely but the
ground should be curved around the cylinder and not faceted, with the
buildings abruptly at an angle above the pedwalks, and the park as a
completely flat area in front of us. I think cars would have difficulty in
maneuvering across the obvious angles in the roads while driving
cross-cylinder. :-)

It would do as a cartoonesk scene I guess but not as the more realistic one
here.

Thomas