POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ghurghusht: artifacts at dawn : Re: Ghurghusht: artifacts at dawn Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:30:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ghurghusht: artifacts at dawn
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 9 Jun 2010 20:42:02
Message: <4c1034da$1@news.povray.org>
High!

3

> and possibly
> variance & confidence

Default values

> or aa_level && aa_threshold

No anti-aliasing

> and/or jitter)?

No jitter

> adc_bailout might also be a candidate cause for the effect; try reducing
> it - with proper gamma handling, the default can be too low in dark areas.

Probably not - I decreased it from the default 1/255 down to 0.001, the
early dawn sky is still "raggedly" banded (if you can conceive what I
mean), and also the odd bright spots on some slopes (preferably in the
more distant background) still occur!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar