POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Spinner" space colony (2) : Re: "Spinner" space colony (2) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:31:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Spinner" space colony (2)
From: Alain
Date: 9 Jun 2010 14:39:13
Message: <4c0fdfd1$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2010-06-07 16:58, SharkD a écrit :
> On 6/7/2010 2:22 PM, Alain wrote:
>> If they want a "night", they should do it by turning off the central
>> glowing beam, or dim it down.
>
> Good idea.
>
> I uploaded a new render (same URL). I'm still having problems with the
> scene looking "artificial", or like a miniature model. I can't quite put
> my finger on it.

All those cars and the streets don't help. I'd expect a comunal
transport system, part on grount, part suspended, to accomodate the
cityzens transportation.
I still have a dificulty with your clouds and "blue sky". If there are
some clouds, they would tend to gather into a cylinder around the center
beam, but never touching it.
Any blueish area due to the athmospheric scattering would be in the
direction of the central beam relative to the observer. Now, it's about
120° from where it should be.

The location IS artificial by definition. You may add some light fog, it
may help to give a sense of scale.

You may try puting the camera on the roof of a building or at street level.

Alain