POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SDL feature requests : Re: SDL feature requests Server Time
5 May 2024 07:48:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SDL feature requests
From: clipka
Date: 6 Jun 2010 13:56:24
Message: <4c0be148$1@news.povray.org>
Am 06.06.2010 04:43, schrieb SharkD:
> On 6/5/2010 3:00 PM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
>> ...If discussion and
>> list building is what your aim is, how about
>> povray.pov4.discussion.general ... are we getting any closer ;-)
>
> Where they will get buried once again... There needs to be a place where
> the /result/ of the discussion can be recorded. A log or some such. One
> where other information like bug reports aren't mixed in.

Any feature request that does not wind up in the bugtracker /will/ get
buried.

And the problem with /discussions/ about feature requests is that they
tend to have /no/ clear-cut result whatsoever, as they tend do be free
brainstorming sessions - unless there's someone with the necessary will
and authority (e.g. because he has started the discussion in the first
place) "driving" the discussion to a proper conclusion (ideally by
summarizing the discussion and result in a proper place... like, say,
the bugtracker ;-))

(Yes, the feature request description is a good place to summarize
earlier discussions.)