POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Panoramic giant robot battle scene : Re: Panoramic giant robot battle scene Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:20:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Panoramic giant robot battle scene
From: SharkD
Date: 2 Jun 2010 17:41:42
Message: <4c06d016$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/1/2010 2:45 PM, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> SharkD wrote:
>
>> Panoramic scene of a couple of giant robots duking it out in the
>> middle of a city. Uses Panosalado and Flash.
>
> Nice technique to see your scene "from the inside"!
> How many views did you need to render for this?
>
> Nice scene BTW. Maybe you could use even bigger robots
> towering over the buildings, they appear quite "harmless"
> from this perspective ;)

Six views, one for each face of a cube. I also experimented with
equiangular projection, but this produces undesirable/ugly artifacts
near the poles.

The scene is actually supposed to be inside a cylindrical space habitat.
I am experimenting with using Chris Colefax's Object Bender macro but
haven't achieved good results yet.

Mike