POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Castle towers : Re: Castle towers Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Castle towers
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jun 2010 07:59:01
Message: <4c04f605$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/06/2010 9:04 AM, Woland wrote:
> I've just done this castle towers.
> I know they should look more old (i'll add some functions on isosurface). And
> then I'll make some wooden parts and a cannon on the walls.
>
> Stones are isosurfaces placed in a circles with a little random displacement.
>
> Render time was 1H 47M, with no radiosity.
>
> Any comments?

Darkness aside, your stone placement could do with some tweaking to stop
the edges lining up on consecutive layers. The crenellations look as if
they were just plonked on top of the top layer. But as a first pass it
shows a lot of promise. Keep up the good work and post the next version.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen