POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lights on the Water : Re: Lights on the Water Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lights on the Water
From: clipka
Date: 31 May 2010 07:33:52
Message: <4c039ea0$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.05.2010 10:31, schrieb Sven Littkowski:

> My only thought is (without having it seen in reality so just guessing) that
> the water surface close around each lamp should be illuminated by the lamp
> light, even if only a little bit and in the color of the light's color.

Well, they do - as can be seen on the closer lamps. The direct
illumination from the candles inside is a good deal stronger though than
the indirect one from the colored lanterns, so there's not much of a
difference. And on the far-away water, specular reflection strongly
dominates, so we don't see the water being illuminated.