POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to render a realistical raindrop on a leaf surface? : Re: How to render a realistical raindrop on a leaf surface? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to render a realistical raindrop on a leaf surface?
From: clipka
Date: 27 May 2010 09:28:29
Message: <4bfe737d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 27.05.2010 13:05, schrieb Dream:

> Therefore, here I ask for your help for how to render this scene for a
> realistical result? How to set the papemeters for drops meterial?

For highest realism, you'd want to use

   finish {
     reflection { 0.0, 1.0 fresnel on }
     conserve_energy // not really necessary in this case
     ambient 0 diffuse 0
     specular ... // try it out
   }

At least that's the theory.

You need to make sure, however, that you do /not/ get reflections at the
interface between the drop and the leaf, so you need to make the objects
overlap a little bit. I guess that's your main problem ATM.