POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lights on the Water : Re: Lights on the Water Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:24:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lights on the Water
From: clipka
Date: 24 May 2010 12:13:47
Message: <4bfaa5bb$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.05.2010 09:28, schrieb Thomas de Groot:

> Isn't there a Japanese festival with lanterns put floatong on the water?

 From my researches, there are several such festivals in different parts
of the world, though many seem to be using open vessels, or just set the
candles afloat in the water. The most popular festival using lanterns
seems to be something in Hawaii (IIRC) - and indeed another annual event
in Japan, but I'd hesitate to call it a "festival": They're
commemorating the nuclear bomb attacks, if I gathered it right.