POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lights on the Water : Re: Lights on the Water Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lights on the Water
From: clipka
Date: 24 May 2010 12:07:39
Message: <4bfaa44b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.05.2010 06:00, schrieb Dave Blandston:

> I like it too because it's so peaceful. Judging by the reflections on the water
> it looks like the lanterns are hollow inside, so my guess is something other
> than sslt. I'm also curious about the lighting method. It's very pleasant.

Some light from the direction of the moon (area_light with all the
standard bells & whistles, i.e. circular orient adaptive jitter), but
the main light sources are the candles (again area_lights); the
illumination of the water below the lanterns is achieved with a greenish
diffuse plane right below the transparent surface. Radiosity is used,
but maybe doesn't even play much of a role.