POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pioneer WIP : Re: Pioneer WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pioneer WIP
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 18 May 2010 15:12:19
Message: <4bf2e693@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

> Putting aside the controversy about if it should be weathered or not, I
> think the corrosion looks good, only perhaps a bit exaggerated in height

thanks, I consider that high praise coming from you ;)

I will try scaling it down.

Although it wasn't intended to be corrosion in the chemical
sense, more accumulated mechanical micro-impacts, hence the
longish scratches. I think the borders are too strongly
affected: I cranked the function way up near the borders so
it would go all the way to the bottom and give jagged edges
in x-z plane instead of the actual straight hf boundaries.