POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A little progress on the hand grenade : Re: A little progress on the hand grenade Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A little progress on the hand grenade
From: clipka
Date: 10 May 2010 07:57:43
Message: <4be7f4b7$1@news.povray.org>
Am 10.05.2010 12:31, schrieb Dave Blandston:

> Here's a complete but simple scene demonstrating the situation. Version 3.7 will
> eventually render the scene, but when the object is used in a more complex scene
> the radiosity step goes on seemingly forever. There is one more object I've come
> across that causes the same phenomenon, which I can post as well if you wish.

Hm... is the other a sphere_sweep object as well?

At present I'm pretty much inclined to think that this is not an issue
of radiosity /per se/, but rather a general performance issue with 3.7's
implementation of sphere sweeps, which is only emphasized by the numer
of rays shot for radiosity.

As far as this particular object goes, I suggest you try using a set of
half-tori instead of the sphere_sweep.