POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Desert landscape revisited : Re: Desert landscape revisited Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Desert landscape revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 May 2010 03:17:00
Message: <4be7b2ec$1@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> schreef in bericht

>   These dunes look very nice, tough the ripples seem too perfectly
> aligned... anyhow a very good attemp for such a difficult subject.
>
>   The rocks are great, very geological-looking in shape. Congrats!

Thanks indeed, Jaime. I am not too happy about the sand ripples either. The
textures needs more work, especially with the alignment. Maybe a bit more
controlled turbulence will do the job. Something still on the ToDo list.

The rocks isosurface was one of the first compositions which led me later to
my Geomorph macro.

Thomas