POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stony ground with ant (218K) : Re: Stony ground with ant (218K) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stony ground with ant (218K)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 6 May 2010 05:07:33
Message: <4be286d5@news.povray.org>

> Oh wow - that is stunningly real! Amazing job!

   Thanks!

> I spent about 5 minutes looking at it to see if there was anything that
> gave it away as a render, and the only thing I could come up with was the
> green sprouts coming through the sand look a little plasticy - are you
> using 3.7 or Megapov? If it's 3.7, I reckon some SSLT on those will
> complete the illusion completely.

   I'm using the beta for this one, so here it is with SSLT on the sprouts.
I've just plagiarized the demo scene, changing the colors and the mm per
unit until it looked (somewhat) right. But this, and 7 more samples on the
focal blur, increased the render time from 6 to 11 hours...

   BTW, this scene renders much faster than expected with the beta, judging
by the speed of both 3.6 and MegaPOV with it. Almost 6 times faster! ...but
before trying it with the beta, I was already puzzled by how slow it was
with MegaPOV and 3.6, so perhaps it was just a bug that got fixed.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org

Post a reply to this message