POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Some alien worlds : Re: Some alien worlds Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some alien worlds
From: Tek
Date: 4 May 2010 13:28:43
Message: <4be0594b$1@news.povray.org>

news:4be00b8f$1@news.povray.org...

> I like "Dustland" most... it's classical space art! Did you use an
> ordinary heightfield or did you model a whole isosurface moon?

I started writing a macro to make a nice spherically-curved triangle mesh
with varying polygon density, then I remembered that I couldn't spend too
long on any of these scenes because I had to do so many for my irtc concept,
so I abandonned that and went with a boring standard height_field! :)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com