POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Three Buddhas - Multipass Rendering vs Radiosity : Re: Three Buddhas - Multipass Rendering vs Radiosity Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Three Buddhas - Multipass Rendering vs Radiosity
From: Tek
Date: 30 Apr 2010 19:42:34
Message: <4bdb6aea$1@news.povray.org>
Stunningly realistic materials & rendering techniques. I genuinely thought
it was a photo.

I'm half tempted to out-do you by printing a piece of paper with a grid of
measurements & pov logos and taking a photo of an ornament, to demonstrate
*total* photo realism! Mwahahaha!

I'd had a similar thought about user defined cameras and stochastic
sampling, primarily because pov's apeture shape for focal blur is a cube,
which is unlike any camera that could ever be built! But I gave up when the
calculations for a nice random distribution on a  5-blade iris started to
hurt my brain. If you crack it (the problem, not my brain) I'd love to see
the code!

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com