POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37 changes to file gamma? : Re: Beta 37 changes to file gamma? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37 changes to file gamma?
From: clipka
Date: 29 Apr 2010 15:30:22
Message: <4bd9de4e@news.povray.org>
Am 29.04.2010 17:42, schrieb Quietman:

> I find using the defaults (2.2?) produces very bright washed out files. The
> best fix I have found so far is to set both gamma settings to 1. It makes
> the renders look natural in tone and colour for me.

I take a bold guess that this is probably because you're used to the way
older POV-Ray versions did it, and have developed an instinct how to
achieve the desired results for the old versions. Unfortunately that
instinct don't work with the /more realistic/ model used in 3.7.

You may also have been fooled by earlier betas which couldn't handle
input images properly (they did indeed get those input images too bright
and washed-out).

Well, I guess I'm trying to evangelize you here, but in the end it's
your choice of course.