POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The back of the Moon : Re: The back of the Moon Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The back of the Moon
From: Rarius
Date: 26 Apr 2010 08:54:56
Message: <4bd58d20@news.povray.org>
I did a similar image of Mars a year or so back, but rather than creat a
mesh, I used the image to create a pigment function and from that an
isosurface. Effectively I created a spherical heightfield. It renders quite
fast and doesn't use that much memory. It also has the added benefit that I
can exagerate the relief in code without rebuilding the mesh.

Rarius