POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sold Out - LIMITED UNITS WATCHES! ...HERE IS PROOF!!! : Re: Sold Out - LIMITED UNITS WATCHES! ...HERE IS PROOF!!! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sold Out - LIMITED UNITS WATCHES! ...HERE IS PROOF!!!
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 22 Apr 2010 06:26:32
Message: <4bd02458@news.povray.org>

> And, strictly speaking, those added objects /are/ 3d in POV-Ray -
> they're just not CSG models. But they're not billboards (or at least so
> I assume).

   No, I'm not proficient enough at cheating with billboards... :)

   The extinguisher and crane models are 3DS meshes from archive3d.net,
imported into Wings3D and exported to POV-Ray with very little tweaking.

   The wrinkled papers on the floor are in fact CSG, recycled from an old
scene (the office).

   For the floor dirt I used 2 additional layers, one for the shoe prints,
and other for the skid marks. The big puddle-like stains are not an
additional layer, but a very thin height_field that appears trough the floor
only at some places... the tricky transparent texture on it seems to work
very well:

#declare f_ground=
function{
   pigment{
     granite
   }
}
#declare t_dry_oil_stain=
texture{
  pigment{
   granite
   color_map{
     [0 DarkTan*.1 transmit .2 filter .2]
     [1 HuntersGreen*.1 transmit 1 filter 1]
   }
  }
}
height_field{
  function 512,512{f_ground(x,y,z).gray}
  translate -.5
  texture{t_dry_oil_stain rotate 180*x}
  scale <8,.01,2.5>
  translate .04*y
}

> (And last not least, in the context of this scene, "awsome" /must/ be
> misspelt :-)).

   Indeed...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres