POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP : Re: IRTC WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP
From: Tek
Date: 16 Apr 2010 19:21:51
Message: <4bc8f10f$1@news.povray.org>
Well the main problem with that is the surface normal is never going to
describe a slope, every ray hits either a vertical or horizontal surface. I
specifically want a very small amount of rounding to add a little highlight
to the edges of my letters. Basically to make them look like plastic fridge
magnets.

I think the best way to improve it would be to shear the object so you get
actual slopes, like my bevels, but then you could combine multiple shear
angles to get a good curve approximation. Though even there you only have a
finite number of angles not a smooth continuous surface.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, I just want some nice fridge magnets.
Letters are proving too complicated so I'll go with other shapes :)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com