POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My latest Saturn : Re: My latest Saturn Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My latest Saturn
From: clipka
Date: 14 Apr 2010 08:17:52
Message: <4bc5b270@news.povray.org>
Am 14.04.2010 11:44, schrieb Rarius:

> Your assumption is correct. the images are vertical bars...  Now all I need
> to do is figure out how to combine the three images I have, colour,
> transparency and albedo together!

I'd try as follows:

- Use the colour file as a pigment image_map to get your hue.

- Use the albedo file as a texture image_pattern to mix between plain
black and the hue pigment.

- Use the transparency file as a texture image_pattern to mix between
transparent (rgbt 1) and that other mixed texture.

Or use some image processing software (Photoshop or Gimp or whatever you
have) to do the mixing into a .png with alpha channel, and use that
straight away as a pigment image_map.