POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My latest Saturn : Re: My latest Saturn Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My latest Saturn
From: Rarius
Date: 14 Apr 2010 05:44:32
Message: <4bc58e80$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote in message
> Using an image map with cylindrical warp should do the job, but you'll
> have to rotate (and possibly translate and scale) the image map in a
> suitable fashion first:
>
>     pigment {
>       image_map { png "foobar.png" }
>       rotate <0,90,90>
>       warp { cylindrical }
>     }
>
> This assumes that the image map shows the rings as vertical stripes, each
> representing a full 360 degrees arc.

Many thanks for that clipka. I thought a warp might do it, but I just
couldn't find anything in the documentation about how warp{cylindrical}
worked and/or the parameters.

Your assumption is correct. the images are vertical bars...  Now all I need
to do is figure out how to combine the three images I have, colour,
transparency and albedo together!

Rarius