POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP : Re: IRTC WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP
From: JWV
Date: 14 Apr 2010 05:18:32
Message: <4bc58868@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I've been following the discussions on how to bevel te edges of text.
Since I've been playing in my head with this kind of stuff for other
purposes (but never got to actualy make the macro for real), this seemed
to be a good moment to sit down and try the concept.

As a reult, i now have a macro that makes a beveled shape, following a
path defined by a spline. This way one could make letters (anyone has a
libray of splines that are shaped like letters?).

Thing to do: make the width of the shape variable using another spline.
This is needed to make thicker sections of letters.

Don't know if it's usefull, just wanted to share it.

Attached is an image of an A (2 splines) and a Beta (1 ugly spline).

Comments and questions are welcome as usual!

JWV

Tek schreef:
> Some postcards from across the universe!
>
> Obviously I don't have enough images yet, so I've duplicated some, but I
> thought people might be interested in what I'm working on :)
>
> BTW, I know this sounds like a newbie question but: has anyone got a nice
> way to round or bevel the edges on those letters?
>
> For my purposes it would suffice to have a mesh of a nicely rounded font,
> but ideally i'd like an all-pov solution which could handle strings of text.
> The only option I can think of is to intersect sheared version of the text
> object to get a bevel... in fact that would work quite well! I'll do that if
> nobody has a better solution!
>
> Comments/criticism appreciated :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: