POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP : Re: IRTC WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP
From: Tek
Date: 10 Apr 2010 15:56:25
Message: <4bc0d7e9@news.povray.org>
> BTW, I know this sounds like a newbie question but: has anyone got a nice
> way to round or bevel the edges on those letters?

Typically, I answered my own question! Here's a simple macro I just bashed
together:

#macro BevelledText( Font, Text, Thickness, AlignH, AlignV, Bevel )
 #local Obj = text { ttf Font Text Thickness, 0 #if ( AlignH )
h_align_center #end #if ( AlignV ) v_align_center #end }
 union {
  object { Obj clipped_by { plane { -z, -Bevel } } }
  intersection {
   #local a=0; #while ( a < 360 )
    object { Obj translate -Bevel*z Shear_Trans(x,y,vrotate(z+x,z*a))
translate z*Bevel }
   #local a=a+45;#end
   //plane { -z, 0 }
   clipped_by { plane { z, Bevel } }
  }
  bounded_by { object { Obj } }
 }
#end

It's not perfect (you can see some glitches in the concave corners) so if
anyone has a better solution I'd like to know :)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message