POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to speed up media scenes? : Re: How to speed up media scenes? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to speed up media scenes?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 8 Apr 2010 14:43:55
Message: <4bbe23eb$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:40:41 -0400, Alain wrote:

> That's the default for the sampling method 1. It was correct with
> version 3.1. With version 3.5, the defaults where changed, but the
> documentations where not properly updated. If you read through the text
> about method 3, you'll see some of the correct dafault values.

I changed the default table here:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference Section 6#Media

the passage your referred to ... well I read right past it twice so I
thought it was worth highlighting it as a "Note"

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section
6.1#Sampling Parameters & Methods (last paragraph)

Jim