POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to speed up media scenes? : Re: How to speed up media scenes? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to speed up media scenes?
From: TC
Date: 7 Apr 2010 16:45:46
Message: <4bbceefa@news.povray.org>
> I wonder what the over-clocking possibilities are the Athlon XP3500+ ?

Overclocking often leads to buying a new cpu, sooner than later. ;-)

Frankly, I never understood the public obsession with overclocking. Why risk
to have an unstable system and invest heavily in cooling hardware instead of
just buying a better cpu?

If you do not have the money for buying better hardware (a state which is
not unfamiliar for me, alas) then risking your system by overclocking is
probably not a smart move. And if you have the money, why bother?