POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How to speed up media scenes? : How to speed up media scenes? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  How to speed up media scenes?
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 7 Apr 2010 06:56:13
Message: <4bbc64cd@news.povray.org>
High!

When trying surface scenes of Ghurghusht with low illumination angles, I
found out that even at 768 by 576 pixels, renderings becomes dead slow -
on my machine (Athlon 64 3500+) such a scene takes about 2 hours!

Is there a way to speed things up? I firstly thought that decreasing
intervals could help - but obviously not...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar