POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lipstick : Re: Lipstick Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lipstick
From: clipka
Date: 31 Mar 2010 03:31:37
Message: <4bb2fa59@news.povray.org>
Am 31.03.2010 04:09, schrieb Dave Blandston:
> I meant to mention one thing: the reflections on the table show specular
> highlights on two of the round black objects that appear to run along the entire
> height of the objects, but the hightlights aren't actually visible on the
> objects themselves, only in the reflection. Hmmm...

That's the table reflecting highlights caused by light coming from overhead.

Highlights of the same brightness should also be seen on the original,
caused by light coming from below that is being reflected by the table;
however, that's a light path POV-Ray can't simulate without the use of
photons (with the table as photons target).